Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Updates

As I had said in my last post I was scheduled to be in Las Vegas for business and had to cancel the trip.

The bittersweet part to that is the reason I had to- was because- FINALLY! Baby is on the way!

I had taken a pregnancy test Monday the week of my bloodwork results. I was due for blood-HCG-preg test on Thursday, but knowing that I was not to go to Vegas if it did come back positive I decided to take a home test. It came up positive...and I was like hmmm could this be the HCG shot I had?

You see HCG is what those home tests are looking for. It's also the shot you take to help ovulation take place.  So if you take a pregnancy test too early- you can end up with a false positive.

I was super skeptical obviously. But I had one more test from my 3 pack, so I decided to wait until Wednesday to take it.  Wednesday morning I got up and sure enough it read 'PREGNANT'

Now I was 15 days out from my HCG shot, so I was really starting to get confident. I was due in Vegas in 1 week. I didn't even bother to continue to plan. I figured this was going to be it but it was worth asking if I could travel.

Usually you can in the first couple weeks but not if you're going through treatments.

Thursday came, I went into the doctor's office and gave my blood about 9:00AM

I had a good 6 hours until I would hear back.

Talk about driving a girl crazy!  Now I work from home so I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want. I tried to get some work done that day. It wasn't going well.  My mind kept racing.

I left to the store, all crazy, trying to figure out how we would tell our parents if this was positive news.

It was Father's Day weekend coming up and as much as we wanted to save our news for that day, it didn't go over well. I had calls coming in with questions about how the appt went.

I continued to avoid them throughout the day, but I knew I could not all weekend.

I decided going out and about would help me. I started at the puppy store. I hate puppy stores because they are like puppy mills, but I needed a major distraction. I found the cutest little puggle, 3 lbs I swear! I was tempted to get him/her. I was sending pictures to Hal through my phone and he was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING!??!!!??!  Finally I left with nothing in my hand!

I strolled through Hobby Lobby looking for something to stand out to give them with the news. But nothing stood out. A bunch of pink and blue items were there and I thought well can't do this because it's way too early if it is at all.

I think i did like 20 circles in the store. I finally came across 2 cards left that said 'It's a MIRACLE!' with some baby feet and inside it said congrats on being grandparents!  I thought okay this is easy and simple I can work with this.  I grabbed the 2 cards and left.

I think I might have stopped for ice cream on the way home.

3:30-4PM FINALLY came, and sure enough the nurse called and said- You're home tests were correct- your HCG is 318 & Progesterone is 37.4! CONGRATS!   Take some extra folic acid just in case.

In case what?  In case there are more than 1. We don't know yet, could be one healthy baby... or more.

HA!!!  So finally the good news, finally!!! Now for the big wait!  The best news was that you are considered 4 wks at that point so I was like oh thank god 8 more weeks till we're in the 'safe zone'

Now to tell our parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment