Monday, August 6, 2012

1st Ultrasound

Before I get released back to my original doctor. I had to get 3 blood tests done to make sure the levels were doubling- increasing etc  I also have to have 1 ultrasound to make sure there is a beating heart and good size growth. Then I move back to Dr. Roth.

1st test was 318HCG and 37.4 Progesterone- GREAT GREAT LEVELS!
2nd test was 1558 HCG- um hello talk about HIGH!
3rd test was 4139 HCG- continuing to increase

These tests were in the course of a week- so talk about increases.

I had to wait another week for the 1st ultrasound. You have to be 6.5 wks or over 1500 HCG to see.

Of course you can't see much- but I walked in and my symptoms have kicked in very strong.

1 being pregnant brain- which you basically forget everything. I walked in totally forgetting one of the most important pieces. I cared more about seeing a heartbeat than anything. Which is fair and necessary.

You're also super tired and nap a lot when prego.

So I got up on the table, and up popped the screen, and omg so fast he was like 'Yep you have twins'

I was like HUH what?!  OMG I forgot multiples was an option. I was so focused on a heart beat.  Whew!!!

Baby A- Heartbeat 115
Baby B- Heartbeat 116

Both measured right in size.  I got a couple pictures that I'll post up when I get them scanned.

I left in shock like omg this is really happening. The risk of multiples is huge!

Hal was unable to make this appt because of work, so I headed over to his office to show him my pictures.  We called his mom to let her know- she sounded fairly shocked like me. Then my parents we met for lunch- but it seems they totally expected me to say triplets. So they weren't as shocked.

I had hit 6.5 wks safely and moving forward.

I was released back to my doctor the next week. I called him to update on the twins and he scheduled an ultrasound as well.  Looking forward to finishing up 1st trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment