Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sharing the News!

We had about 3 hours to plan out how to share the news. We have a set of parents local and a set in Arizona.  So, planning had to go quick!  For AZ, we had them thinking something happened to Hal's arm, and they HAD to skype us to see this 'growth'! They agreed but later on, they were out and about that night.

My parents- good lord- trying to get them out to eat was not easy!! I was like we need to go to dinner- we have a Father's Day gift EARLY!!! You need it!   You see- they were traveling for the wedding to a wedding and would be gone, so we wanted to get news out fast.

After a couple rounds of text messages and calls, we set up 7PM at a local college bar/restaurant called PINTS!

I wrote in the 2 cards- BABY(IES) WEISE DUE FEB 22!  A Special Valentines Gift is coming :)

Pretty sweet!

So we go to the restaurant and thinking it was a Father's Day card, the post it note I put on the front said- ACTUALLY, this is an early Valentines Day gift for BOTH of you!  Under the post it note was 'It's a MIRACLE!' with the baby feet and inside the due date!

I thought it was cool. My mom was like 'are you for real?'

I enjoyed a good bison burger w/ sweet potato fries- seriously my biggest craving!!!

After dinner we headed home to skype!

Time was ticking- it was getting to be like 11PM and we were like where are they!??!

Hal's mom was like- 'just text me a picture of your arm, I'll look at that'

NO!  YOU MUST SKYPE!!!!

Finally we got them on Skype- of all times to skype right?!?! HA!!

We wrote BABY WEISE FEB 22- backwards on a POST IT because then they could read it on the skype the correct way.  We were going to write it on Hal's arm but he was worried the marker would not come out.

So we chatted for a minute and then proceeded to show them the 'growth' on Hal's arm!

Lots of flowing tears and excitement! Success at sharing our news! Both Grandparents were very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment