Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Round 3 Starts


We got home from DisneyWorld about 1 week before Christmas. I had my appointment to go to get my pregnancy test. My temperature was super high and not dropping. (Your temp WILL drop if you are NOT pregnant. If it stays HIGH for over 18 days after Ovulation then you ARE indeed pregnant)

So of course I was expecting a positive result because my temp was HIGH. I was burning up the whole time in Disney which was weird for me. Normally I am FREEZING!

We were excited because we could share with our family on Christmas some positive news.

WELL of course it was over expectation again that kicked into high gear and so went on a negative result. Another 3 days filled with anger. I was in charge of hosting Christmas too, so you can imagine how excited I was about that. NOT!

My nutrition had fallen apart. I could barely think straight, I was exhausted and depressed. I slept for hours upon hours. I was an insomniac, so technically- I would be up a lot of the night and then I would finally fall asleep and sleep for nearly 12 hours. Some say you do that to just de-stress, it's a way to get away from everything- sleeping. I'd let days waste away. I worked, I put in time, and I did exercise. I never stopped that. It was my saving grace for my sanity!!! But nutrition- definitely got the back burner. SO honestly, I'd say I probably gained weight even though I was exercising. Nutrition is 80% of your fitness success. Plus with fertility medicine you dont know how much weight you gain from that alone.

Round 3 started with 7.5 mg Letrozole (Femara) We were in the doctor's office for monitoring on New Years DAY! I had maybe 4 hours of sleep. I couldn't believe it. This round included no trigger shot. Sometimes our body will release all on its own, and sometimes it needs the shot to help give it a push. This round my body did NOT need the HCG shot. Same routine took place, got to the progesterone level, and it was .058!!! Honestly!?!?! What is UP BODY?!

So basically I have low progesterone, my follicles do not grow, and eggs do not release. All 3 pieces are a MUST to have a baby. AWESOME. JUST AWESOME. Results came back negative of course, this was expected. I knew something was so off, my temp had not spiked and my temp should spike once the ovulation takes place- because progesterone kicks in and that always makes you warm. Finally the temp spiked and I just let the cycle take it's course knowing it was going to be a negative result.

I actually was NOT angry this time. I knew it was bad, I knew it wasn't going to be positive. Of course I thought, well God if you want a miracle to happen then you'll show me with this crazy round.

It was time for round 4 and the due date dream we had for summer time was gone at this point we were looking at October 31st! Naturally that brought excitement to me just because I visioned fun halloween birthday parties. More on Round 4 in the next post!





No comments:

Post a Comment