Sunday, January 20, 2013

The END is NEAR!

Hey Everyone!!!

Today is 35W3D so we are on the road to 36weeks which is HUGE for a twin pregnancy!

They are both 5.5 lbs and doing great! I found that Brett- baby B who is Breech is basically sitting in between my legs!!! My stomach is hanging so low... all I can say is YUCK to the clean up on that stretchy skin!

They have been doing great in their biophysical's moving really well and scoring 8/8.

A biophysical is testing the fluid they are in- making sure there is plenty (no wonder they're so heavy!!!) and the umbilical cord as well as checking heart rate. It tests that they're moving well while baking.

Unfortunately my blood pressure has raised as of this past week, and it was expected to happen so what that means is the END IS NEAR!

I ended up getting mild toxemia and pre-eclampsia which is totally normal for twin pregnancies at the end. It's being monitored - in other words I now go to the doc EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

In fact I was at the hospital this morning because their office is closed on Sundays! It was a long morning but they got the doctor to schedule my C section and get all my pre-op work set up!

I learned everything there is to about the C section so I'm very ready to meet the boys now :)


The original scheduled date was Feb 7 but now is January 31st! I will be 37 weeks! As long as my BP stays stable then the twins will stay baking until then! This is to avoid them going into the NICU. 

Of course you never know until the twins are born but the longer they bake in me the better chances I have of taking them home with me :) 

The Nursery is just about done. I'm finishing up a couple last minute things and can always add more later! My hospital bag is packed, the twins bag is packed, the cameras are ready and I think the whole world is excited to meet them !

Here's to a healthy and safe delivery and sanity as we bring them home :) 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, i agreed with the ideas that can provided in the post.\
    Wholesale gold chains

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good common sense article. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resouces about this part. It will certainly help educate me.
    security cameras systems in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
    Sarajevo Poljine

    ReplyDelete